Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails

Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Happy Husband

I have begun to find that one of the best ways to make a husband happy after a long hard day at work is... Food! Whether it is dinner or fresh baked cookies, most men are happy to be doted upon by their wives' cooking. Before being married, I rarely cooked. I lived in a household with a lot of people, so if I cooked for one I cooked for all. Now that it's just us two, I can cook small meals that take a lot less time to prepare.

The thing is, home cooked meals are not just something for the man to enjoy. I can honestly say that I have never met a married woman who did not love the feeling of being appreciated by her husband. THAT feeling is what I will continue to strive for throughout my marriage. I don't want to seem lazy to my husband that works all day to support us. I want to impress him and to have him proud to call me his wife. Working hard to give him a hot meal is really the least any wife can do.

I think the fact that I absolutely love to bake really helps things along. Even if I don't eat any of the desserts I make for my husband, I love knowing that it's something I am good at and that he will enjoy. Since we've been married, I don't think we've gone a single day without some kind of homemade dessert in the fridge or cupboard.

Being happy with making the other person in the relationship happy is absolutely one of the best things you can do to continue on having a happy and healthy relationship with your spouse. One of the best feelings in the world for me is giving my husband happiness, no matter how much it tires me out sometimes to work so hard on dinner and dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment